Apostles’ Creed (2nd Century)
I believe in God the Father Almighty; Maker of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin, Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hades.
On the third day He rose again from the dead, ascended into Heaven,
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Nicene Creed, Constantinople (381 AD)
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth,
and of all things visible and invisible;
And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the only begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds,
God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made,
being of one substance with the Father; by whom all things were made;
who for us men and for our salvation came down from Heaven,
and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the virgin, Mary,
and was made man;
and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered and was buried;
and the third day He rose again according to the Scriptures,
and ascended into Heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father;
and He shall come again, with glory,
to judge both the living and the dead;
whose kingdom shall have no end.
And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord, and Giver of Life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son;
who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified;
who spoke by the Prophets.
And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church;
acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins;
and I look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come.
An Evangelical Confession:
- We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant Word of God. It is our only ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice, and is contained in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, that is, He is all-powerful. He is omnipresent, that is, He is present throughout all Creation but not limited by it. He is omniscient; that is, He knows all things. He readily exercises His power which is present everywhere, and to Him there is nothing that is impossible or unknown, that is, He knows what has been from eternity, what now takes place everywhere, and what will be to all eternity.
- We believe the God we serve is holy, righteous, good, severe, loving and full of mercy. He created the heavens and earth, and everything in them, in the space of six ordinary days, and all very good. He is the Creator, Sustainer, and Governor of everything that has been made.
- We believe in the true deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the full deity of the Holy Spirit, acknowledging Him together with the Father and the Son in the works of creation and redemption.
- We believe that because of Adam’s sin all mankind is in rebellion against God. For the salvation of such lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone, and that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Concerning the teaching of origins, we affirm that God created everything out of nothing and that He created it good. Christians have differed as to the age of the earth based upon the Genesis 1 account of creation. Various interpretations which affirm the inerrant character of Genesis 1 can be held by faithful Christians. Nonetheless, at Agape Christi Academy, we teach that God created the world in the space of six ordinary days and that God rested on the seventh.
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God. Human life at all stages – including pre-born and end of life – should be valued and respected, (Psalm 139).
On Marriage and Sexuality
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning, and that is marriage sanctioned by God, which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, covenantal union, as delineated in Scripture.
We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexual conduct, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, any use of pornography or any attempt to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God.